THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 13, 2009

¿Si Habla Español?


The mighty Mos Def has always gone by the spanish nickname, “Pretty Flaco,” but who would’ve known he would actually embody the name. In his new album, The Ecstatic, the mighty Mos Def becomes Pretty Flaco, rhyming in spanish on the track, “No Hay Nada Mas.” The track is reminiscent of “Umi Says” from Mos’ solo debut album, Black on Both Sides. It takes on the “Umi Says” sound of a dim prayer authored by Mos (and I think he actually concludes his bars with “Amen”). But that’s the thing... I say “I think” because some of the lyrics are unclear. It takes a few listens to get the idea. The words/lyrics that stand out are: “Guerra y vida” “Familia…la luz en la distancia” “Mi vista, mi casa, mi sueños, mi alma.” Seems like Mos is saying that we live in a constant state of paranoia—feeling a need to protect ourselves and the things that we give weight. Kinda dark, I know, but I think he’s saying there’s nothing more to being a human being. . .”No Hay Nada Mas.” But there is more to Pretty Flaco and this new album, so pick it up!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can say that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=rs utilities 2008 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg