THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vicious Cylce... continum

I guess I'm yet that phlegmatic observer, had a random thought a couple of weeks ago. Even though it was happenstance, it's been plaguing me... Here it is... As young adults or pre teens, people in general usually have dreams and aspirations.

You know?, Wants and desires? I mean people never really WANT their lives to end up scarce and desolate or boring and mundane. Growing up we usually have wild and vivid imaginings of this, that, and the third. You know, GRANDIOSE houses, ABUNDANT bank accounts, everything we'd ever want through the POWER of imagination....

Then...... we became an adult, moved out on our own, start working to keep the bills paid, all the while trying to hold fast to those ambitions we had coming up. Unbenounced to us we've become less visionary, and more close sighted on balances and pass due notices.

I call to court for the suppression of imagination,... The COMFORTABILITY of ROUTINE! You see, monotony has the mastery to render us unconscious and this mastery is so superior, that we DON'T EVEN REALIZE IT! Untiiil, we reach 45 or so and have that RANDOM THOUGHT while sitting in that cubical, or driving that transit bus or wearing that hard hat and swinging that sledge hammer, that "HEY! I NEVER DID ANYTHING I SAID I WOULD DO!" Which is usually followed by a MID LIFE CRISIS. (SCREAMS)

Well... I guess I'm just having a quarter life crisis. I charged myself never to let my free spirit be captured, and to make sure my visionary imagination remains 20/20. If you're reading this, I want to charge you with the same duty. You owe it to yourself not to have to bust your ass from check to check and SELDOM if EVER see the fruition of your labor. SO.... NEVER SETTLE! You see what happened when that last of A people settled...Stay MINDFUL.


-NEM

2 comments:

Fab-Ball!™ said...

Kudos...I was just thinking about that very concept a few weeks ago...About how when we are children, we are limitless with our thoughts of possibilitiy. But as we become adults, somehow we manage to lose the vision. I was closely approaching that point, until I meditated on the thought of not living this life to the fullest. I Can't Do It...good job on bringing about the awareness of that.--BrittNay

B.A. said...

Om.G! I was just having this "realization" last night. Bawled like a 5 year old about it. Then I got a grand idea, phoned a friend, who phoned another friend, and now we have a boss project in the works. My breakdown actually brokedown my wall of stifled dreams. Love the site, btw. I'll be visiting more often :D